New release

BrentLaBere

Jan 7, 2013
I have been comfortable and consistent with my release I have been using for the last few years and I'm afraid its met its last season. The leather is beginning to tear and don't want it to break down mid season. I wouldn't have a problem with just getting a back up, but I cannot find the same style anywhere. It is a similar style to the Winn Archery Free Flight C-10 Release.........long name. But it has the the grip style across the palm of your hand as well as the velcro strap around your wrist. I will try to post a picture when I get one......
But my question is what style of release would you guys recommend? Ones you like/dislike?

I did a quick search and found this one
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/winn-archery-free-c-10-release.html

I have been looking for a new release also, I think I will get a hook type release like the Tru-fire Hardcore, Scott Silverhorn, or Fletcher fletch hook.
I have been using a tru-fire caliper, It works, but looking for something different.

I'm probably going to go with hook release from tru-fire. Actually on my way to cabelas to look at releases.

The two I have been leaning towards are the Tru-Fire Edge Hybrid FB Release and the Scott Archery Wolf Release.
Does anyone use the scott wolf and have issues with it? My problem would be searching for the clip in the time of need....just something else to go wrong. Or am I way overboard on this one?

I tried out the c-10. But as soon as I put it on I knew I didnt want it. The hand dexterity is horrible. Your hand is almost useless if your wearing it. It felt good when using it to pull my bow back I noticed I could pull more weight easier but I would like to have way more dexterity while wearing it.

I have had the same Carter release going on 7 years and might have to buy a new wrist strap but the release has been dynamite.

I'm currently shooting the Tru Fire Hardcore and love it. I also have the Spot Hogg Wise Guy, Spot Hogg Friday Night Delight, Scott Silverhorn, and the Fletcher 44 Caliper (I went through a release phase).

You can't go wrong with any of these releases.

I have been looking at a new release as well, looking for a hook release that will work amazing and wont break the bank.  Been looking at Tru fire for a while now but havent pulled the trigger on it yet.

BullHunter said:
I have been looking at a new release as well, looking for a hook release that will work amazing and wont break the bank.  Been looking at Tru fire for a while now but havent pulled the trigger on it yet.
I am in the same boat, I have narrowed it down to eithe a Scott Silverhorn, or a hand held thumb release like a Tru-ball max hunter pro.
I am leaning toward the Silverhorn b/c it is on the wrist and cant get lost as easily. (I strap my release to my bow when it is not on my wrist) and it is fast to load/shoot with an animal in sight.
The hand held has some real advantages on the range, or in a treestand, but it's shortcomings show up in the mountains. too easy to loose/misplace, loading under pressure, unless it had a wrist strap and was used like a wrist caliper release.
I am close to pulling the trigger on one of these

I ended up going to the local shop and testing a few out. I know everyone should do this but wow does it make a difference! I had a few picked out from my earlier post and ended up going with the truefire hardcore buckle fold back release. Honestly feels a little different but really comfortable on my wrist. I didn't want the scott single claw vs this one because it does not fold back! constantly in the way of your hand. Something I didn't want for hiking. Same goes for the spot hawg. Can fold it out of the way easy but not reliable (IMHO) when hooking up in the heat of the moment. I can post back up after I take more shots with it. Only been able to shoot at 10,20,30 yards and have tight groups so far.

Kmbingham92 said:
I have had the same Carter release going on 7 years and might have to buy a new wrist strap but the release has been dynamite.

Agreed.  My Carter Quickie Plus has been bullet proof.  Strap will definitely wear out before the release.

I switched to a Scott Silverhorn 2 years ago and it's the best release I have ever used. It allowed me to increase my draw length by an inch without changing my anchor point. It is also very comfortable. This was my first hook style release and I was a little hesitant at first, I am sold now. I have always used the buckle type as I don't want any Velcro noice on anything related to hunting.

Wallow said:
Kmbingham92 said:

Agreed.  My Carter Quickie Plus has been bullet proof.  Strap will definitely wear out before the release.
+2, love my carter, but the wise guy I recently purchased is awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back