New rest

troyc

Jan 2, 2013
I am thinking of buying a new rest this year.  I have one of the first versions of the Ripcord rests that I have used the hell out of on a few different bows now.  It has served me well but I have noticed some latteral play in it and it bugs me.  Not sure it is enough to make that much difference in shot placement but I need confidence in my equipment.

Does anyone have any suggestions.  WHat they like or what to stay away from?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

I shoot the Ripcord code red and i really like it, 3 other guys I hunt with use it as well with no complaints.

Hard to beat the KISS (Keep it simple stupid) of a Whisker Bisquit!!  I know it is hard to beat the confidence of a fall away!!  I look at it the other way!!  Unless the bisquit is shot out or the rest has been bumped out of tune, I very quick visual inspection and I know it is working!!  The bummer thing about a fall aways is unless you are shooting through paper or have a high speed camera, how do you know there isn't arrow contact when it is dropping out of the way??  Ripcords tend to get sticky with dirt!  QAD have there quirks too.  When shooting 3D or league, a "funky" shot might cost you some points or a little embarressment!  Nothing is more heart breaking than watching your arrow fly funky when the animal of a lifetime is in front of you!! 

I am trying a new rest a drop away I also have concerns with my arrows staying in place, but have not shot it enough yet to say for sure but looks like I will like it.

I have been using and really like the AAE Pro Drop. It is a limb driven rest and to me, works better than a typical fall-away rest. They are a bit pricey, but my accuracy is right on.

I shot the ripcord for a while then went over to the Vaportrail Limbdriver Pro and fell in love.  Plan on shooting this for years to come.

Niemo.Mt said:
Hard to beat the KISS (Keep it simple stupid) of a Whisker Bisquit!!  .....The bummer thing about a fall aways is unless you are shooting through paper or have a high speed camera, how do you know there isn't arrow contact when it is dropping out of the way??  Ripcords tend to get sticky with dirt!  QAD have there quirks too.  When shooting 3D or league, a "funky" shot might cost you some points or a little embarressment!  Nothing is more heart breaking than watching your arrow fly funky when the animal of a lifetime is in front of you!! 

An easy check for contact of the vanes on a drop-a-way rest is to put lipstick on the edges of the vane, shoot the arrow and look for lipstick on the edges of the rest.  None there--there is no contact.  I have both the QAD and RipCord Code Red and like them both.  I have not shot the Whisker Biscuit and wouldn't put it down.  I just don't like the concept of anything touching the arrow/vanes upon its release.

I have been using the QAD HD rest for many years. I put a new one on my new set-up last year because I had excellent results with my other one. I still use my old one as my back-up bow. It is qiuet, holds the arrow and allows you to let down and redraw.

I also use the ripcord code red, I used a whisker biscuit for a while, but hunt the late season. If your WB gets wet and then freezes it strips vanes nicely. If you go with a WB, try using some Gink dry fly rubbed into the bristles.  :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back