New scope

Rdub

Oct 21, 2017
So I added a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA scope with a BDC reticle to my browning 300 win mag a bolt. Went to the range and dialed it in at 100. Four holes touching and the other two within a 1/2?. Close enough for a minute of elk. dialed in to 200 yards and three within an inch, dialed in to 300 yards and three within an inch and a half. Not enough space to shoot out past that on this trip. Will have to find a spot out on the Pawnee Grasslands to stretch out for a 400 yard confirmation. That is about as far as I go to practice. Never take that shot when hunting. Am very impressed with this scope.

I think that a lot of that is shooting loads that have been tailored to that specific rifle. Very
Consistent if I do my part. Glad I had powder,primers,and bullets squirreled away as finding reloading materials are quite the adventure these days.

Rdub said:
I think that a lot of that is shooting loads that have been tailored to that specific rifle. Very
Consistent if I do my part. Glad I had powder,primers,and bullets squirreled away as finding reloading materials are quite the adventure these days.

You aren't kidding!!! I feel like it's been a while now since we could find stuff readily available.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back