New string, new loop. Looking for a little help.

COelkaholic88

Jan 4, 2013
I am new to the archery game, and was fortunate to have good friends who give me their unwanted gear. I was given a bow, all set up. I had the bowrestrung a few months ago and have been shooting 3-5 times a week. My loop has started to swivel towards the right side of my string. Before I even hook up with my release, the loop is off center and pointing towrds the right side. When I draw back, my peep rotates and I am having trouble getting a clear view of my target as one of the strings holding my peep is dead center and gives me a double vision of my target. Is it wise to adjust my loop so its straight on with the string predraw? Is there something I could be doing wrong that causes the loop to drift?I'm hoping some veterans here can offer a quick fix.

You can turn your d loop. No matter how much you shoot, mine still turns. If you get your d loop straight worth your peep you should be good. Put some wax on the knots, take a lighter and melt it in but BE CAREFUL not to melt your string. Once it's melted it it shouldn't move. Also if you have new strings and have shot a lot you need to check the timing on your cams. Your cables may need a few twists, and you can twist your string if need be to get your peep lined up. But that's only if you need a tune. Or take it to your pro shop and have them fix your loop. Good luck hope this helps

If your loop is angled down or up it can indicate you are nock high or low. My loop always turns toward me and as I hook on my release I reach up and slightly turn the peep a little to the right. It lines up fine at full draw. The loop turned left or right has never  seemed to cause or indicate a problem, however if you are getting a tail porpoise on your arrows you may be pulling your release at a right angle when at full draw and basically releasing with your release at a right angle rather than straight back.

As said, new strings will stretch and you should have a pro shop look at it to see if it is still in time, after you have shot it a bunch. They can also observe your form and see if you are putting an angled torque on the loop..
Good Luck

probably just needs a twist or 1/2 twist in string to keep things lined up. curious as to what strings you put on?

My D loop does the same thing. I just pull it straight before im going to shoot and it works just fine. 

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I did know new strings will stretch, but had no idea it would alter the timing on my cams as it stretched (still learning). as noted above, I think I may be placing extra tourque on my loop with improper and inconsistent anchoring. Some days I have great groups and other days I'm all over the target. I have been shooting by myself so I have no clue what my form looks like. Thanks again everyone.

Form will come with time. Find what works for you. You'll start to know what feels good and what doesn't, good luck man, shoot straight!

On those days when you are shooting all over the target, STOP SHOOTING.  Put your bow down and walk away.  Try again in an hour.  If you continue to shoot all over the target Stop Shooting.  On these days all you are doing is practicing POOR FORM.  At one time I was trying to extend the amount of time I could stay at full draw.  For two weeks I would basicly watch TV at full draw aiming at things across the room (no arrow of course).  Before this I was shooting sub 2" groups at 40'.  After I was all over the place.  What I determined was that in an effort to extend my draw time I was sacrificing my form.  You must practice perfect form on every draw or you are just slinging arrows, and that aint good.
Best of luck to you.
Wiltz

my loop sits towards me but everything lines up when at full draw. my bow before this i had the same prob as you. took it to the shop and had them fix me up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back