New to CO.

emiller35

Jul 8, 2017
So I'm moving to the Denver area in late September for work and I am looking to get into elk hunting. Now let me preface this by saying I'm an avid outdoorsman/hiker and know what I'm up against coming from FL. Looking to meet up with a group or individual to start gaining some knowledge of the area and some knowledge of the sport. I've been an avid waterfowler and whitetail hunter my entire life and know that work is necessary to be successful in these pursuits, especially in the western realm. I know I'll be coming possibly too late to draw a tag, but am willing and able to tag along and help pack out a kill to gain some invaluable experience and possibly join a good group of guys with similar interests. If you have any suggestions or info, feel free to shoot me a pm!

-EM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The great thing about CO is the OTC Elk tags, so you will have a tag in your pocket if you pay the out of state fee. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was reading about that, I'm planning on becoming a resident, if nothing else just to avoid the out of state fees!

You get the resident rate on the tag in 2018.  I don't think you'll have been living there long enough to qualify for it this season.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you are on Facebook join the colorado backpack cardio group... Aron Snyder from Kifaru along with a few of us train year round hiking Red Rocks and Green Mtn. to stay in shape.  Plenty of people to talk hunting and get some useful insight into gear, tactics, and so on...

underH2oHunter said:
If you are on Facebook join the colorado backpack cardio group... Aron Snyder from Kifaru along with a few of us train year round hiking Red Rocks and Green Mtn. to stay in shape.  Plenty of people to talk hunting and get some useful insight into gear, tactics, and so on...

Thanks I will have to check it out!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back