New to traditional archery question continued

82ndreddevil

Aug 17, 2017
As I stated I am new to traditional archery, I am using a Damon Howat hunter 50@28".
I cannot say what kind of string the local pro shop put on my bow which of course is an important piece of information. So basically most times I string my bow to shoot the brace height is closer to 7". I was shown to start off keeping it at around 7 1/2'' until I find for myself where it shoots best. So just about every time I shoot my bow I am adding twists. Is it common that new strings just stretch a bit for awhile or is this string the wrong length?

Also, this is a very used bow, 30-40 years old. I am going to explain this the best I can. I noticed the bottom limb where the string attaches as a little more of a curl than the top limb in the same spot. I noticed this because I had just adjusted my brace height and was verifying the string was off the grooves in the limbs. The string was off of the grooves on the top limb but appeared not to be on the bottom limb. That of course made me notice the difference in curl in the tips of the limbs. Is this normal, common, or is one of my limbs warped?

Thank you for the feedback!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back