Nock Tuning

Aaron
I dont necessarily \'nock tune\' but I do inspect my serving to be sure its not wore
Nocks are molded to tight tolerances and IMO the serving is an integral part of that fit

If you\'re referring to tuning for specific grip of the nock to serving in order to gain speed, no, I don\'t mess with that. I have and I think this type of stuff as well as tiller tuning is strictly for the archers piece of mind. That said, if it gives you more confidence in your setup then by all means, do it, but you won\'t shoot better groups and probably won\'t gain more than 1-3fps. I know you just got a new rig and can\'t leave it alone :) I totally understand

Thanks for the replies. I I never have \"Nock\" tuned but was interested to those who have. I do however tune my arrows with broadheads and that\'s as far as I\'ve went. I\'ve never had a problem by simply just paper tuning, walk back tuning and then broadhead tuning. I\'ll stick with my regimen.

Tim Gillingham is the person I think of when the topic of nock tuning comes up. He is meticulous with his method. If you were to follow his method you would take your arrows and shoot each individual arrow through paper. You would pay special attention to the tear of each shaft. Typically you would do this with bare shafts. If you get an arrow that doesn\'t shoot an absolutely perfect bullet hole, you twist the nock a bit. Shoot and see how it tears now. You keep turning nocks trying to get each shaft to tear perfect. If one doesn\'t tear perfect you cull it. Once you have all shafts perfectly nock tuned you fletch them with your fletching of choice.

I have never found the need to do this. Probably it is due to the fact that my accuracy level is nowhere near that of a top pro Like Tim G. I have on a few occasions fletched up arrows and find that one may not shoot as well as the rest. I have rotated the nock 120 degrees to the next vane and or 240 degrees to fix it. I have had a few that the nock turning didn\'t help. They are relegated to FP arrows. Typically I just mark the fletch with a sharpie.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Interesting that this was just brought up as I was thinking the same thing.

I really didn\'t think anything of this until I watched the Gritty Bowman podcast yesterday with Tim Gillingham.

He shoots much farther than I can or would, but nock tuning was very important to him, and was interesting to listen to this.

Sounds very easy to do

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back