North American Elk: Ecology and Management

Choya13

Oct 31, 2018
Does anyone know where to get a copy of North American Elk: Ecology and Management written by Jack Ward Thomas. 

I have been looking all over the place and right now I can afford the $300 copies that are on amazon....

Can anyone help me track one down for me and my kids to use?

Corey and Randy found it for like $45 somewhere. They were talking about it on the Elk Talk Podcast. Let me see if I can figure out which episode it was.

Well I wasn?t very much help then...sorry about that! Hopefully someone else will be able to chime in.

I contacted the Wildlife Management Institute and at this time they do not foresee them producing any more of these books....  :agg:

Choya13 said:
I contacted the Wildlife Management Institute and at this time they do not foresee them producing any more of these books....  :agg:
Wow, glad I picked mine up when I did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I procrastinated when it was available at a decent price as well. I think it might be available as a downloadable PDF, though I'm not sure of prices. Might be one option.

It's far less detail and more a study related to fires on elk ecology, but worth a read if you're interested in gaining more knowledge about elk...check out the following site:  https://www.fs.fed.us/database/feis/animals/mammal/ceel/all.html#HomeRangeAndMovements

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back