Northern Colorado weather help

TheBigShow

Mar 24, 2018
What kind of temperatures can I expect the beginning of September? I know it can be very rainy. I am hunting unit 15/27 at around 9500-10500 elevation.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should still be pretty warm around then with scattered rain. But I?d plan for anything from 80 degrees and sunny to 30 degrees and snowing. And it can literally go from one of those to the other in a matter of minutes in the mountains.

cohunter14 said:
It should still be pretty warm around then with scattered rain. But I?d plan for anything from 80 degrees and sunny to 30 degrees and snowing. And it can literally go from one of those to the other in a matter of minutes in the mountains.
Thank you, i know the weather can be bipolar in late October when I have been there before just never been out in September. Maybe I?ll put in a message for ma nature for about 65 during the day and 50 at night with a chance of rain about noon every third day! Think she will listen?!

TheBigShow said:
cohunter14 said:
Thank you, i know the weather can be bipolar in late October when I have been there before just never been out in September. Maybe I?ll put in a message for ma nature for about 65 during the day and 50 at night with a chance of rain about noon every third day! Think she will listen?!

Hahahaha it?s worth a shot!

I defer to cohunter on this totally, but in my experience it's been in that 65-80 daytime range, but you probably won't be seeing 50 overnight. Most nights for us were 20s up into the mid to high 30s. It only feels cold for the first 5 minutes of walking in the dark then you're wondering how you ever thought it was cold.

I'm sure the rain fluctuates in a seemingly random pattern from year to year but I'd say you're probably not far off in hoping for a mid-day soak, whether it's every third day or not might depend on your rain dancing skills. We SEE it raining somewhere most days but it's random as to whether that particular cloud passes over us or somewhere else. Someone's getting rain every day though, in my few trips worth of experience.

Like I said, I defer to cohunter's experience but the 60s-80s, mid-day showers, 20-30s overnight has been about average that time of year in that area for us.

BuckyHunter13 said:
Like I said, I defer to cohunter's experience but the 60s-80s, mid-day showers, 20-30s overnight has been about average that time of year in that area for us.

Sounds about right to me. The temps depend a lot on what elevation you are at, but that certainly sounds like a solid average.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back