Northern Idaho

MT_mulies

Dec 28, 2012
I just moved up to Moscow, ID. I came from SW Montana. I have talked to the elk biologist in this neck of the woods to get some general ideas of where I should go. I'm thinking about going to the panhandle area to do my elk hunting. Anyone have any advice on places? I understand you don't want to give up any "honey" holes, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also if anyone needs/wants a hunting buddy I'm game for that. If you want to hunt together you can message me.

My brother and I have been hunting Unit 1 up north of Sandpoint the last few years.  There are some monster bulls up there but it can be really difficult to hunt due to heavy brush.  Lots of snow and rain make for thick alder.  Like anywhere else, the farther away from the roads you can get, the better.  Good luck.

Last year was my year of all my plans going to the trash.  My wife too was pregnant which was exciting and her due date was early December.  I had an archery elk hunt planned for September and a rifle mule deer hunt for the end of October
then I found out we were having twins and the doc said make no plans as they come early.  And early they did on September 19th.  So maybe this year!

MT_mulies,
  I live in Moscow too! PM me and maybe we can get together sometime and shoot the breeze.........

Back