Not a bad start

iccyman001

Apr 30, 2014
This is a shed I found yesterday in a spot I plan on hunting in Florida.
I would say this is a very nice deer for Florida and for the area!

It\'s got some neat stuff going on.

He\'s got some age to him for sure, some horn worts, but check out the end of the main beam.
That\'s not snapped off, that\'s just a massy form that ended like that.

Some people think he was damaged in velvet.
Others think it wanted to be a drop!

I just wanna shoot him :D

I hunted on public land in the panhandle of Florida for a few years... that is a real nice shed for a Florida deer.

--Mitch

We hunted Blackwater National Forest - I believe that\'s what it was called. Also some public land that Champion Paper owned. It was all north of Pensacola about 30 miles or so.

--Mitch

\"Old School\" said:
We hunted Blackwater National Forest - I believe that\'s what it was called. Also some public land that Champion Paper owned. It was all north of Pensacola about 30 miles or so.

--Mitch

Im very familiar with blackwater. I\'ve been scouting out there a few times. :upthumb:

We never killed any deer in Blackwater. We did catch some really nice bass in Hurricane Lake though.

Keep your eyes open for rattlers - we saw some giant ones - 6\'ers.

--Mitch

I have seen some 130-135 class bucks killed south of there near Palatka. I would say the panhandle should have some good bucks as well. Expecially on Eglin where access may be more limited. Good luck!

looks like your startin off right dan, well done. but, the snakes would keep me at home.
find any gators yet

\"bnsafe\" said:
looks like your startin off right dan, well done. but, the snakes would keep me at home.
find any gators yet

No gators yet.... I will shoot any snake I see on the spot!
Minus bull snakes of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back