Now What Should I do (2)

I am going to lock this thread too for archiving. Lou just about spoiled my fun here by nailing it with the first post. Brad made a great point with the wind, especially since the bull is in front and above on this very warm day. I agree with the decoy suggestions.
About 10 years ago this scenario happened to me. I left and came back in the mid afternoon. I tried cow calling from above the bull, but he would not come. He was still there, but for some reason he was not going to move towards me.
\"Jaquomo\" said:
I\'d get into a spot where he can\'t see me until he\'s in bow range, then make herd sounds like a small herd coming into the area and bedding down. Popping sticks, breaking branches, hooves hitting logs, cow-calf talk. His curiosity will get the better of him and he\'ll wander over for a look.
Doing what Lou suggested here along with Jeff\'s umbrella decoy could have very well worked.
After doing some calling, to no avail, I thought the bull had probably left. I moved in too close, with no decoy, and got busted. The last I saw was his rear, as he was walking away, in a hurry.

\"cnelk\" said:
Some of the best memories I have is when \'I ALMOST SHOT AN ELK\'... :)

I seem to be getting pretty good at this one. Going back and looking through old threads like this one has been great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back