Number of arrows

Elk Arrow

May 25, 2018
How many arrows does everyone carry on the mountain for a base camp hunt? My quiver only holds three.

I have a 7 arrow tight spot. I carry either 5 or 7. Always one or two with small game heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I typically carry four broadheads. Haven't been hunting an area with grouse, so I've skipped the judo arrow the last few years. We'll see about this year.

87TT said:
4 broad heads and 1 judo for grouse :clap:

Ditto here. I like to also use the judo to stump/grass clump/small flower shoot during the day. Really dials me in and keeps me sharp and ready. Makes a great betting game with a buddy too. Hike, hunt and make money! Living the dream!  :dance2:

I always carry three in my quiver and have an extra 6 in camp for practice or backups.

I?ve only ever needed one so that?s all I roll with now....[emoji38][emoji23]

RyanG505 said:
I?ve only ever needed one so that?s all I roll with now....
emoji38.png
emoji23.png

What about an emergency and having to shoot three shots for help????  :haha:

WapitiJoeNM said:
RyanG505 said:
I?ve only ever needed one so that?s all I roll with now....
emoji38.png
emoji23.png

What about an emergency and having to shoot three shots for help????  :haha:

Hahah good point! I?m screwed I guess

I carry 4. 3 broadheads and one judo.

A couple years ago we were hunting an area and ran into a guy with one arrow in his quiver. I asked if he had shot at anything and he said no. We saw him again a few more times that season and always with one arrow.

Someday I hope to shoot well enough to only need one.

I carry six when I go out.  I don't always expect to have that many opportunities or mishaps but I leave two arrows back at camp just in case I would slip and land wrong and break a few.  This way I have at least two back in the tent.  September can't get here soon enough.  I love being in gods country!

6 Arrows for me.  Hope I only need one, but most of the time that is not the case. BUT I am working on in!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back