one sub species left

bnsafe

Mar 2, 2014
i got my merriams today, so i only have the osceola in florida for my grand slam of turkeys. i made some promises to him he couldnt resist an he came right in, i was out there about 10 minutes.

thanks guys, hes a only a jake, i couldnt get the shot at the adult with the group that came in with them, to much scrub oak between us. i prob shoulda waited for another chance but wanted a merriams so bad.

Nothing wrong with a jake.
Sometimes they are harder to take then a long bearded tom, as they always seem to be wired tight.

Well, guys~
The proof is in the puddin\'

Nice bird Scott!

Attachments

• bnsafe_jake.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 410
Way to go Scott! Sounds like you have your turkey hunting down pat! :upthumb:

awesome!!

i actually got an invite to a farm in florida. but the lady that invited me, try as a might, i just couldnt like her. i told my wife something was \"off\" about her. my spidey senses were tingling.

so, long story short, i didnt feel right pretending to befriend this lady for a florida bird. now it is totally lost. the company had to fire her for stealing office supplies..hahaha..(i knew something just wasnt right)

thanks for posting the pic for me brad. elky i cant believe you past that up. i woulda helped her carry the supplies out. lol, ok just kidding, but i woulda been drooling

not much of a story. i went out saturday morning an got a feel for what they were doing. it rained saturday nite an sunday morning so i didnt hunt. sunday about 5 i went out an saw one in a field strutting, circled around him to get as close an i could. made some promises to him if he would just come over there an he did, but he stayed in the dang brush an i couldnt get a shot. these 4 jakes came out right behind him an one finally got within about 5 yds of me an seen me, well a bird in the hand etc so i tried to shoot him but got the gun caught up in the brush so i missed, swung around an shot this one. was out there about 10 minutes.
im not very good at much, but i can kill turkeys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back