Opening Day in Idaho

Bullhunter

Jan 2, 2013
It is now opening day for OTC Archery Elk and Deer.  Unfortunately i am sitting here at work and i wont be getting any days off until the 11th.  This is tough for me to even concentrate at work knowing i cant got hunt until my time off.  What a bummer.  But on a lighter note, Good Luck to everyone who is able to hunt opening day.

Hang in there Bullhunter, it will be time before you know it.  It seemed like today would never come, leaving work at noon today to hit the woods for the CO opener this weekend! Thanks for the well wishes. 

Opening day for the Panhandle is Sept 6, I have already scheduled and was approved for 7 day out of the office and its paid time off  ;D

The 6th can't get here soon enough, have already heard a bull bugle in the early morning. Been seeing a lot of cows. I'm ready! Since deer opened today, I'm gonna spend some time this week in my treestands, got 2 set up and my ground blind. Probably do some elk calling too! Good luck archery hunters!

I can't wait either. I'm flying into Lewiston, Id  and my friend will pick me up at noon on the 20th and will hunt from the 21-30 OF SEPT.
First time to Idaho and first time archery elk hunting. I'm pumped:)

Chad26 said:
I can't wait either. I'm flying into Lewiston, Id  and my friend will pick me up at noon on the 20th and will hunt from the 21-30 OF SEPT.
First time to Idaho and first time archery elk hunting. I'm pumped:)

Just curious if your hunting with a Palouse tag. I live in lewiston and that's the tag I usually buy. This year I drew a tag in a different zone but I can still give you some general directions if your interested.

my buddy who drew the same tag as me made it out this weekend. He just text me and told me he heard 2 bulls and saw a bunch of cows this morning. He wasn't even hunting any of our honey holes either. It's on ladies and gents!!!!

Idaho_Elk_DIY said:
my buddy who drew the same tag as me made it out this weekend. He just text me and told me he heard 2 bulls and saw a bunch of cows this morning. He wasn't even hunting any of our honey holes either. It's on ladies and gents!!!!

That's awesome, I'm ready to get out there soon.

When my friend picks me up at Lewiston, we will go buy otc tags for unit 15. Then head to Grangeville for the night to stay with our outfitter at his lodge. Saturday morning he will take us in with horses to the Gilmore Ranch area and we will hunt 3 days on our own. He will start guide us on Tuesday-Monday. Hope the bulls will still be bugling and the rut is going on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back