operation spring bear

Montana_BackCountry

Jan 9, 2013
Opening for spring bear mt is approaching!  Coming out of the dens early this year so should be good. Getting ready to head back into the woods!

Since you started the topic already, thought I would ask a question about hunting spring bear.  For several reasons, I've never really hunted spring bear but one question I have is about ticks.  I'm assuming spring bears are covered in them, how do you care for the animal?  Do you let it sit? I think I've see sprays somewhere but can't remember where.  As an elk hunter I should be out killing bears every opportunity I get and this was one of the things I was wanting to know more about.

I haven't had an issue with several spring bears in North Idaho, but a friend's use bug spray say it works fine.  Also heard hanging it over an oil pan with an inch of gas works as they just fall into the gas and die, but haven't tried it.

The Sawyer spray was the one I was thinking of.  Seems like a minor issue, but just curious.  Thanks for the info guys.

i will absolutely swear by it best stuff out there i use it all spring and summer last two years 0 ticks DONT PUT IT ON YOUR SKIN SPRAY YOUR CLOTHES LET IT DRY THEN YOULL BE GOOD

Any problems using on technical clothing like Sitka?  Any fading, staining, etc?  Anyone ever sprayed down the hide prior to packing out or just throw it in a bag?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back