Optics?

Diesel

Jan 13, 2013
I have been looking at the Swarovski 10x40 for a couple seasons but haven't pulled the trigger yet.... I have also been eyeing the Vortex 10x40 HD.  Let me hear what people think of these

I was thinking about the same last year and after looking through both in the field, i didn't see hardly any difference.  Yes the Swaro's are just a little nicer, but yo get almost the same glass for a lot less.  You can buy some other hunting equipment with what you would save by going with the Vortex glass.

I use the Vortex Viper 10X42, and wont look back. I have spoken with optics dealers, and have been told that even though the Swaro's are great optics, the customer service is not nearly as good as that of Vortex. I spend hours and hours behind mu Vortex optics (spotter, and bino's) and have no problems with eye fatigue and or headaches I got from my Bushnell's.  ;D

I just went through that this year. Saved the money and went to take a look at a few different 10x42s including the swaros, ended up going with a Vortex 10x42 Razor, good crisp clear optics, nice weight and just a fraction of the price. Daniel

I have the Swarovski 10x42 EL and love them. I also had a Swarovski 65 STS spotting scope but ended up selling it (almost at my purchase price) to bank roll cash and get the vortex 85 razor HD. I'm super happy with Vortex. I'm tempted to do the same thing with the binos now. I'm just waiting to see if they come out with a 10x42 bino range finder combo. 

The Vortex can't be beat as far as what you get for the price, but having just used Vortex Diamondback 10x42, Vortex Viper 10x42 and my Swarovski SLC 10x42 side by side for 5 days of glassing for havelinas, there just isn't any substitute for great quality optics.

Looking at the two side by side under field conditions its pretty obvious the Swaro is better glass.
Now whether it is worth the extra money for that better glass is entirely up to you.

Vortex are definitely awesome. I have a pair of Zeiss Victory FL 10x42 and I love them but after looking through some Vortex, I am getting a Vortex spotting scope and probably a few rifle scopes.

I found my swarovski 10×42 el's on Craigslist! They were like new but about a year later I accidentally chipped a lens, I sent them to swarovski and for a hundred bucks they installed the new updated glass, and it took about six weeks. It was my fault and they treated me right!

All this talk about Vortex makes me want to check out a pair. Maybe I will have to update from my Nikon 10x42

I have a pair of ziess 10x42 conquest Abk's and my dad has the Swarovski 10x42 el's and we both agree that the difference between them is not that big. The price is a lot different though.

Vortex all the way.  The new spotters and the 12x50 Razor HD's make it a no brainer.  Your just not getting your money's worth for the extra cash of Swaros, Leica, Zeiss in my opinion.

Where I hunt an expensive set of optics would be a waste of money for me. I have an old small 8 power set of binos I can't even remember where and when I got them bit they work great for where I hunt. I can almost use my range finder for binos where I hunt.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back