Oregon Coast

arik1

Dec 13, 2018
Hey all,
I'm counting the days before I leave now, and thought I'd throw out some feelers for any general info I may have missed in all my homework.
I've got lots of pins dropped and a few different areas I'm looking at. Won't be doing much spike camping or overnight trips through areas, mainly because it's so hard to scout the area via satellite maps with how thick it is, I can't find anything I want to commit too hard to at this point. So day hunting is the plan, big loops and out and back type trips.
That said, anyone got any insight into hunting the coast regarding hunting pressure, first hand experience with the terrain, types of terrain to focus on? I'll mainly be around the coos bay/roseberg area, but with day hunting I'll be mobile. Not looking for any secret spots or anything, but wouldn't be against a gentle nudge in a certain direction. Really just trying to check off all the boxes and make sure I'm all set before packing up and heading out.
Thanks guys, and good luck to all out there this year. Have fun and be safe!

What part of the coast? Keep an eye on fires. Tillamook area has had a few fires and roads closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am aware of the fires our ther, keeping close watch and fingers crossed. As of now they're all to the north and west of where I'm looking to go. Worst case, I take my general tag to a different area and hope for the best. But for now, Coos Bay will kind of be the base of operations.

A.hol1 said:
What part of the coast? Keep an eye on fires. Tillamook area has had a few fires and roads closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Really? That's the area I'm most familiar with and was planning on hunting since I couldnt scout this year. Any idea which roads?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back