OTC Colorado Advice

Okieelk

May 13, 2018
Hey guys,

Looking to put in request for vacation at work and wanted to get your advice on dates to go. I?m looking at OTC Archery tag in south CO. The dates I?m interested in are sept 1st-Sept 5th( before muzzleloader season starts), or Sept 15-19th(after ML season)

Let me know what your thoughts on which might the best time frame concerning rutting activity, hunting pressure, etc...Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the first thing I think of is Labor Day being the third this year. So from the 1-3 you may be overrun with some extra people who don't need to take the time off.

That may not be the case, but it's always extra busy in the places that I hunt.

So I had forgotten about Labor Day and definitely would not go then. How do you guys feel about hunting during the ML season CO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where we were last year in southern Colorado (OTC) we didn't see or hear any muzzloader hunters and only saw 4 bowhunters in 2 pairs. 2 were from Pennsylvania and leaving the day we got there, said they didn't hear or see any elk or  mulies for that matter. We were into mulies 2hrs. into our hike and had a bull bugling on the 2nd day so I think it's what you put into it. The other 2 were from Indiana and were just getting there as well so don't know how they did. We are from Wisconsin  and still green to that unit, first time there, but feel it was a success for the most part. We will be back the 7th to the 21st so dont let muzzy season deter you. Any time in the elk woods is a good time. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Maybe look at the stats page and see how many ML tags they give for the unit you hunting?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back