Pack Frame

VTHOKEE

Mar 4, 2016
I was lucky enough last year not to have to worry about packing my elk out. I was literally able to drive up to her. My pack is 2500 cubic inches but has a nice compression system so you could haul a load of meat out if needed. See below pic.
[attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->slumberjack.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment]

The same company offers a light weight frame that could be used for when I would have a long pack out making multiple trips. Also used when helping someone else pack out. Here is a pic of the frame.
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->slumberjack2.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

My question is, Is it worth it to get the frame to have as a back up or would I be ok with the bag I currently have?

Attachments

• slumberjack.jpg
    slumberjack.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 117
  • slumberjack2.jpg
    slumberjack2.jpg
    600.3 KB · Views: 117
I\'d stick with what you\'ve got unless you are uncomfortable. I\'ve packed out dozens of elk with my old Dana Designs Bombpack 2500 cu. Done a bunch with 2 dudes in one trip with this pack. My advice; forget the compression part and just throw the deboned quarters in the main compartment. Good luck!

The top pic shows the meat on a shelf outside the bag. The further it is away from you the heavier it will seem and the more you will have to lean forward to balance the load. I would put the meat in the main bag like Will said. Maybe bring a lightweight bag to put your other gear in and place it on the outside. Just a thought.

I don\'t carry a lot of extra gear in the main part so redistributing it would be easy or just stash it and come back for it later. Like I said I haven\'t had to use the bag for carrying meat yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back