Parking: CO Unit 82 or 86

scotttgill

Jun 15, 2018
I'm hunting OTC and I'm looking at either 82 or 86, but I want to make sure that where I park is doable for my 2WD Tundra. I've been stuck more times than I'd like to admit so since I'm a newbie and I'll be driving from Texas, I just want to make sure I'm leaving my pickup in an ok situation. I'm hiking in, bivy camping, so I'm planning to hunt some miles away from the roads.

I'm not looking for intel on spots at all, don't want to offend folks. I'm an independent guy and want to find the elk on my own but I've noticed as I research that not all forest roads are equal.

Any help is appreciated.

Are you talking OTC for rifle or archery? I've been on a couple of the roads there and although they can be a little dicey in spots, you should be okay with 2wd if there's no snow. Add some snow and things could get interesting!

Ever hear of tire chains? Don't leave home without them! And yes, if it snows you can be in deep DO-DO real quick. Don't much matter if the road is paved or not. Also a tow strap, shovel, and handy man jack would be advisable.

Yeah, already started pricing some. I thought it would be a good idea anyway. I've never had to use chains in Texas but growing up in Tennessee they came in handy a few times so i'll definitely have all that in the travel plans.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back