phew

bnsafe

Mar 2, 2014
im thinkin bout doin a half marathon in a couple weeks and get donations for my cousins foundation (the green beret from a few mos ago). thought i better see if i could do it first so i did 13.1 miles today. hav to say, that sucked. now to see how the knees and i t bands respond.

i wasnt goin fast, not tryin to, just tryin to survive. it was in the 2:35 range. my i t bands were ok so my pace was about right to keep from injury. i signed up, and have raised about 300 in pledges so far. so goin well.

Great job Scott! Hope the IT bands are holding up - I about cried when I rolled mine out on a roller for the first time.

hey roman, ive never had the nerve to roll mine out. alot of research says its a strength problem and not a stretching problem so i worked hard on strengthening this winter, so far so good, but, i havnt jogged on them. will find out saturday.

well, gettin ready to leave for the half marathon. i havnt trained appropriately for alot of reasons but will finish. it suppose to rain and be 45 out but im not wearing rain gear cause we bought shirts to honor my cousin an will not cover it up. on the good side, all the pledges are not in but we have raised right at 750 dollars to go towards his foundation to assist vets with various issues in matts name. wish me luck an no injuries and yall have a great day.

well, ran the best 9 miles of my life, then the cramps hit an i literally hobbled the last 4. had two volunteers offer to take me in, lol. i finished but was on a sub 2 hour pace and ended up at 2:38 something.

Way to grind it out Scott! Hobbling for 4 miles sounds very tough - glad you had the mental fortitude to finish the race - great job!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back