Picking a new bowsight!

Arrows4Elk

Feb 20, 2014
I'm looking for a new bowsight and would love everyone's opinion on what I should get and why.

I'm currently using a 10 year old, 5-pin Spot Hogg which I've loved. I'm moving to heavier arrows and in making adjustments noticed two of my pin adjustment screws have totally rusted solid this season. I've tried some rust release, WD-40, and brake cleaner...cant get them to budge.

My initial thoughts are either another brand new 5-pin Spot Hogg or a Trophy Ridge React 5-pin. My requirements in order of importance are 5-pin, super tough, ease of adjustment and then weight. Let's assume cost is irrelevant.

Thanks for any ideas!!

Another Montana Black Gold fan here too. I sat up a Trophy Ridge react for a friend and it was a very nice sight. That would be my pick out of the two you are mentioning, good luck in your search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think a guy on here is selling a trophy ridge react five pin might wanna check it out. i was shooting and two days before season my bow site snapped and was useless i had no time before my first deer hunt so i ran to bass pro and grabbed the black gold five pin and let me tell you best site ever! in twenty minutes or less i was shooting out to 60 with great groups iv never had a brighter set of pins im in the tree 20 minutes longer than anyone else and i dont even have the light on it that you can get.

Thanks for the input everyone!

I'm definitely going to check out the Black Gold sights now. I wish I could actually put my hands on one to see it first, the nearest dealer is 3 hours away! Are any of you guys who have BG sights using a Tight Spot quiver with this sight?  Just curious to see if they will fit/work together.

I use a tight spot with my Black Gold Ascent and it works fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTelk  i set my first pin 0-25 then my next pin is 35,45 and so on if you have one at say 40 you just split the difference

I like the HHA optimizer for a single,pin adjustable and the Spot Hogg for a multi-pin. I actually have my Spot hogg for sale on eBay right now.

Field staff - HHA Sports and Benchmark Outdoors

Jumping in late. I switched to Spot Hogg a few years ago and love them. My 2 E35s have the Real Deal 7 DP sights on them. I'm a keep it simple kind of guy and they are simple, solid sights. First pin is set at 20, then every 10 after that.

Arrows4Elk said:
I'm looking for a new bowsight and would love everyone's opinion on what I should get and why.

I'm currently using a 10 year old, 5-pin Spot Hogg which I've loved. I'm moving to heavier arrows and in making adjustments noticed two of my pin adjustment screws have totally rusted solid this season. I've tried some rust release, WD-40, and brake cleaner...cant get them to budge.

My initial thoughts are either another brand new 5-pin Spot Hogg or a Trophy Ridge React 5-pin. My requirements in order of importance are 5-pin, super tough, ease of adjustment and then weight. Let's assume cost is irrelevantThanks for any ideas!!

Let' see, your needs describe exactly the site i have on my bow! and my dad has on his! We both shoot Montana Black Gold Venegeance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back