Plan B suggestions

Tenderfoot

May 8, 2014
My partner and I did not draw the unit we applied for due to an unfortunate application mishap. We have put all of our eggs into one basket scouring every resource to pick a couple spots to go scout in a couple weeks. Now that we didn\'t draw we have to scramble to find a new OTC area to hunt. The last two seasons we have hunted over the counter we never saw an elk.

I am seeing a lot of potential in units 6 and 161 near the WY border but have never spoken to anyone that has hunted up there during archery season. We are meat hunters that just want to get away from hunters and into elk.

If anybody has any general experience about these units to share please PM me or post up.

:help2:

Thanks!

If you are looking for an archery hunt, unit 5 is a draw area and had to be applied for in the first part of April. Looks like 161 is OTC.

Oops!! I meant unit 6. I guess I need to wait until I have had some coffee before posting. ( edited previous post)

Thanks WW!

My partner and I are hunting OTC, and we live in PA. There are many tools you can use to narrow it down. The CO Atlas is a particularly good tool. Click on the Game Species box and then Elk. There is a wealth of information on that site. We\'ve even called the local land manager in the area we are hunting and he was quite helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back