Votes: 1 3.0%
  • ATV/UTV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Road hunt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MuleyCrazed

Dec 28, 2012
Just curious how most you prefer to hunt. I personally like to hunt on horseback in the backcountry, whenever possible. If I'm not on a horse I generally hunt on foot and backpack in to spike camp with a base camp at a trail head. I am not completely against the use of four-wheelers either, but only if you are using them in an area that is legal and only to get to a spot to start hunting. Obviously, it depends on the area and state you live in, but what do you prefer?

Just to clarify, I don't hunt off the horses. I just use them to get back into the hunting areas then hunt from foot....

We use horses to pack in and out of base camp. Everything else is of foot.

We hunt on foot with a backpack usually. We just walk around with all of our gear, but when we get something down we go out and get llamas. For as dumb as the look they are mighty good packers. I use my buddies llamas, but once I can get a place with a few acres you better believe I'm getting some llamas for packing out game!

Do you really expect anybody to select ATV/UTV?  This isn't the Bone Collector site.

I have hunted horseback in the back country and have walked via by foot. Horseback is great but I get more enjoyment from walking in and spot and stalk my prey. Just makes me feel like I have accomplished something going in that way. As long as we hunt and enjoy it I don't think the method we use to get there is an altering factor. Just my opinion.

Being from Michigan, and 60 years old, I hunt from a Base Camp. and either use my Truck or ATV, to get to my hunting area, then I am on foot, I like to sit in a decent spot for the first 1/2 hour to hour as it gets day light, and then use the Spot and Stalk method.

Kevin

Have never hit the back country because i hunt with my dad who is now 74. We have always hunted within a mile of a main road so learning how to call has made a big difference for us. We see and hear more elk then anyone we run into.

I have only hunted on foot. I would like to try horses some time in the future though.

Have hunted in the backcountry with horses for years...but last year really enjoyed hunting on foot...seems to be easier not taking care of livestock, always having to back track to get them

I love hunting on foot! I love the exercise! I have to lose weight during the hunting months to make up for my love of food the rest of the months. Haha

My father in law is getting horses ready to go this next year, so we are trying to coordinate some horseback hunting. It sounds like fun to me.

always on foot. Although I would love to have pack animals to help. Riding horseback to really distant areas and saving energy would be ideal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back