Preparation for elk hunting

Amount of time I typically prepare for the season

• Almost every day 80%+ of my year

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Often, 50% of my year

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • I kick it into gear when the season starts getting closer.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • A few weeks before the season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have never hunted elk

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
E

Elk101 Admin

Collecting poll data of our Elk101 Forum friends out there!

Much appreciated!

I have not hunted Elk "yet" but I do chase the whitetails up and down the hills here in Pa, I have started putting everything together to hunt elk, it won happen next year unless something financially changes, but I am set on 2019 season, that will be my 50th Birthday present to myself, this will be my long standing dream come true, it is my bucket list..

pa bowhunter said:
I have not hunted Elk "yet" but I do chase the whitetails up and down the hills here in Pa, I have started putting everything together to hunt elk, it won happen next year unless something financially changes, but I am set on 2019 season, that will be my 50th Birthday present to myself, this will be my long standing dream come true, it is my bucket list..
I waited till I was 50 to start elk hunting, I wish I started sooner.

You can diy for a reasonable cost, so long as you can swing the cost of a non res tag.

I live in NC and two of us go to Colorado for the last 9 years on a DIY for around $1200 to $1500. That includes tag cost. We tent camp and do our own cooking.
Thats not bad for two plus weeks of elk hunting. I offer this just as a reference. Buying the initial gear is where big costs can accumlate but you can spread that out over a year or more and find good deals.

I use hiit cardio work with a balance of heavy and high rep strength training. When snow melts,  hiking too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back