Pricing for drop camp.

troyc

Jan 2, 2013
I am thinking of doing a drop camp in Eastern Oregon.  I have been looking at a few places and was just wonding what a typical price is. 

This is for 10 days packing me and at least #120 lbs of my gear in and out.  And packing any animals I shoot out.

I am seeing prices between $1250 and $1700.  Does that seem reasonable? 

that's probably about right, nice thing is prices have not gone up much if at all compared to 10 or so years ago, this econamy has not allowed outfitters to raise priced very much.

Bout right--My first was $1200, second was $1500. All drop camps are not created equal-- try to find out exactly what will be provided. My first had basically two canvas tents, water and propane(20 gal tanks). The second had the two tents, water, propane(small canisters), a cookstove, cooking utensils, dishes, silverware, tables, camp chairs, laterns, cotsw/pads, woodburning stove w/some wood, a latrine/tp and a foam archery target. You gotta ask--Bill

I have wanted to start hunting this way. So far many of the outfitters I have asked do not want to do the drop camps and put you in the area they take fully guided hunts. Any of you done a drop camp in Wyoming or Colorado? If so what outfitter and what area of the state?

Troyc is that price for one hunter or more? I've read from some books that it can be around 2k but for 4 guys in NE Oregon. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back