Proper Arrow Spine - Prime Rize Bow

gehri1tm

Oct 5, 2016
I just ordered a Prime Rize bow (70# with 28" DL) to setup for elk hunting in the West.  I live in Michigan and the shops here are suggesting 340 spine arrows.  I'm looking at Gold Tip Hunter or Kinetics but also thought about Black Eagle Rampage.  I'm thinking of shooting a 100 gr Solid broadhead and total arrow weight 420+ gr.  I'm confused with the 340 recommendations because the arrow charts seem to suggest 300 spine arrows.  Sorry if this has been rehashed here.  Any help would be appreciated.

340's will be your friend there..... You'd probably be better off with a 300 if you were 29.5" and beyond but with a 28" I think you'll be right at home with a 340. Infact only shooting a 100gr you'll have a better FOC with the 340's.... shoot em and don't look back.

After shooting goldtips for years I'd go with black eagle. I just never warmed up to GT's, if memory serves me correct they were on the thick side too. I'm shooting FMJ's now myself.

My Rize is at 65lbs and I'm shooting Easton Axis 340s.  I would buy a couple of 300s and 340s to use while tuning the bow.  You should be able to get a good idea of which arrow will work best out of your set up while tuning it. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back