Proper technique/form

Counselor

Jul 7, 2018
I recently heard a very successful fellow archery hunter describe their shot routine as 1) anchor; 2) center and 3) breathe.

He went on to describe #2 as ?centering the pin housing?. I suppose that if you are using a ?single pin? sight that could be effective, but wouldn?t this be problematic if you are using 3 or 5 pin sight? It seems that with a multi-pin sight centering the pin housing is pretty irrelevant.

I have always focused on centering my pin within the peep sight and covering the target.

Have I got this all wrong? Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe he is referring to centering your sight housing to your peep view.
At least that?s what I do

cnelk said:
I believe he is referring to centering your sight housing to your peep view.
At least that?s what I do
^^^^^^^^
this

I think centering the pin is a relic from when there were no round sight housings or no housing at all.....back in the day.

You can still shoot effectively that way, but centering your housing with the peep promotes accuracy. I try to fit the housing just inside the peep. Having a dovetail sight and/or a peep with the changeable apertures helps this, especially the latter.

Thanks for responding! That is helpful. Looks like I have had it backwards for a while!

When I started shooting, I was told to center the pin in the peep. Have since switched to centering the housing in the peep.
Would also add, focus on the pin, not on the target. Your mind will put the pin where it needs to be on the target.

Use the force Luke.
Actually I Draw, anchor, level, find my pin(depending on distance), Place my pin on the target, check that housing is centered and still level and tighten/fire.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back