PSE Decree

razorback

Mar 11, 2014
Okay, I\'ve been shooting a Bowtech Insanity CPXL for several years and love it! I\'m very confident with it but it is kind of heavy. It is also long and it seems like when I sit down on a log or rock to do some calling I have to be very aware of limbs getting between the string and cams. That could be a bad deal on the mountain. I have been contemplating a new bow. I have even shot a carbon overdrive and liked it pretty well. I have really been intrigued by a PSE Decree, it\'s short and light and seems to shoot fairly hard if I stuck with 60 pounds. Has anybody got any experience with PSE bows? They are not real popular in southern Missouri so if I should get one I\'ll likely drive to Louisiana to get one from a pro shop owned by a staff shooter who has been shooting them for several years and also makes custom strings and cables. Just would like some input, especially on accuracy as I know its totally opposite of what I\'m shooting now.

Im a PSE shooter and have been for a long time.
They are good \'enough\' bow for budget minded people [me]

If the bow fits you well and you like it.... go for it!

Of all the elk I have killed, everyone has been with a PSE and they didnt know the difference :)

They seemed to be looked down upon around here but the more I look at them the more impressed I am with them. I am not brand loyal at all when it comes to bows. The bow I have fits me well but it seems a little heavy and long. When I bought it I was thinking tree stands and whitetails. PSE impresses me with the more I look into their bows. I did get to shoot a couple at a bow shop in Arkansas. I think one of them was a Drive. It\'s hard for me to find one to shoot since I shoot LH bows. I was impressed with it. It was light and fairly short. It drew smooth and was quiet. I\'m not really into speed but since I only want to pull 60 the bow needs to have a little speed to it. I thought you were a PSE shooter. Does it stay in tune well?

Yes mine (Drive) does stay in tune well.
The timing mark on the hybrid cam gives you a quick visual in case something moves.

I like to shoot in the factory strings and cables (200-300 shots) and then buy custom made and put them on and have the factory for spares.
I have been getting my strings/cables thru 60X Strings

I have really liked my PSE bows. The ones they make in this era are fast and light. Pros say they have a little more hand shock than some other bows, but it is very acceptable as well as the noise level. Their customer service is excellent. I can enthusiastically recommend a PSE bow. I also like the narrow grip. A wide grip is hard for me to keep exactly the same, from day to day, when shooting.

The grip was something I was very fond of. I put an aftermarket grip on my current bow to try to achieve consistency. I also noticed the two I shot were very quiet! I don\'t know why they aren\'t that popular around here I wished they were.

i like PSE. my first bow (and maybe my second) was PSE.

my brother went to Tuscon and bought a factory second. got a tour, had them set up the bow. he said it was a blast.

i got away from them. for a while, i found their bows too harsh on the draw for my shoulder. i dont know what they are like now. but PSE still dominates Tuscon. i see a lot of them there.

First bow was a PSE Elite or Jet Flight Express - can\'t remember but it was the only bow I could find in a 32\" draw so I bought it.

I shoot a Bow Madness now and love it. Quite and fast. I also like that it has a small grip - less chance for me to torque my wrist but that\'s just me. Others have held my bow and said they don\'t like the grip but what do those Mathews guys know?! ;)

I believe I changed the string to a Winner\'s Choice and have had no issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back