Public Land Whitetail

Ivar88

Aug 8, 2017
Anybody else getting excited for whitetail season to open? Here are some of the bucks I?m seeing on public land this year.
d9c5d25ab5f096f0a7fb8d722ff9bce4.jpg
1c0a0e6a3eb0f82b732cffe412417ffd.jpg
c26fedd9f05e36c2142bf5225008fcd1.jpg
a5172f892bde8126350d45619c829b63.jpg
c76432d297819d9f9536fc223a56c03c.jpg
5a0c9a1087503d711373eb824f274b24.jpg
19a6acb6b6b20f67fb46f3578c34fab3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cohunter14 said:
Nice! Looks like you should be in for a good season  :upthumb:
Man, I sure hope so! Been having some issues with a local land owner claiming BLM as their own, so we will see how that works out when the season starts.

Some great looking bucks indeed!
I can?t wait to see how your season goes!

Ivar88 said:
Man, I sure hope so! Been having some issues with a local land owner claiming BLM as their own, so we will see how that works out when the season starts.

That shouldn't take too long to figure out. You have On X? That would settle it real quick.

Yup, sure do! BLM and the county game warden have also been notified, so I?m assuming there won?t be any issues.

aes7.5x55 said:
Those look like some really nice deer!
I agree! It?ll be hard to hold out with the limited time I have to hunt this year.

"Man, I sure hope so! Been having some issues with a local land owner claiming BLM as their own,"

This happened to me a few years back. Pretty well ruined that area for the year. I was about a hundred yards above there property line hunting a water hole that a previous landowner had put in when he leased the land to run his cattle on. They told me not to come back. Then they called the local fish and game officer who proceeded to ride his four wheeler up there 7 times over the next couple weeks "looking things over". My brother was there neighbor and I was accessing the area through his property. His father in law lived with them at the time and would tell me how many time the fish and game had come by. The area went from having elk sign to having nothing but 4-wheeler tracks.

The people who thought they owned that hillside posted no trespassing signs all over the blm land. Which is illegal. Then they had a surveyor come in and mark all there property lines. They were within a few feet of where my GPS said they were.

While this was going on they ran another guy off the land next to there's. It turned out that his family had lived there for decades and they had run him off his own property.

In the end the only thing I heard from the F&G officer was that I should find somewhere else to hunt. Nothing about interfering with my hunting or the other guys hunting or the fact that they had been posting public land as private property.

That has been the only negative interaction I have ever had with out F&G officers. The rest of them I have dealt with (and there has been a lot) have been great and helpful when needed. Not that turd.

There. I think I have sufficiently jacked your thread for now. Good luck on the deer.

ribo451 said:
"Man, I sure hope so! Been having some issues with a local land owner claiming BLM as their own,"

This happened to me a few years back. Pretty well ruined that area for the year. I was about a hundred yards above there property line hunting a water hole that a previous landowner had put in when he leased the land to run his cattle on. They told me not to come back. Then they called the local fish and game officer who proceeded to ride his four wheeler up there 7 times over the next couple weeks "looking things over". My brother was there neighbor and I was accessing the area through his property. His father in law lived with them at the time and would tell me how many time the fish and game had come by. The area went from having elk sign to having nothing but 4-wheeler tracks.

The people who thought they owned that hillside posted no trespassing signs all over the blm land. Which is illegal. Then they had a surveyor come in and mark all there property lines. They were within a few feet of where my GPS said they were.

While this was going on they ran another guy off the land next to there's. It turned out that his family had lived there for decades and they had run him off his own property.

In the end the only thing I heard from the F&G officer was that I should find somewhere else to hunt. Nothing about interfering with my hunting or the other guys hunting or the fact that they had been posting public land as private property.

That has been the only negative interaction I have ever had with out F&G officers. The rest of them I have dealt with (and there has been a lot) have been great and helpful when needed. Not that turd.

There. I think I have sufficiently jacked your thread for now. Good luck on the deer.
You didn?t jack the thread! That?s good information for people to know. I?m 100% expecting to have a run in with these clowns eventually. Especially when they see my truck there. The funny thing about it is when I called the GW and explained that this individual posted NO TRESPASSING on BLM, he knew exactly where I was talking about. I didn?t give him any geographical information. Here is what I am thinking about now, though, I was able to check my cameras and cattle is now on the BLM. Maybe they posted it for that reason? I don?t know, I?m going to call BLM again tomorrow and see if the GW actually called them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back