Rain and rut

Hycntryhtr

May 30, 2013
With the moisture we have received here in the west this spring the cows should be fat and sassy, and cycling on schedule, and the horn growth should be quite nice as well. What do you guys think?

hunt or die

8) 2 more months of rain to go and SW NM looking pretty good ,will get even better.
They were bugling well into Oct.,some in Nov. last year.
Cows are fat and most have twins this year.

All the elk I've seen look great here in SW Montana.  Nice antler growth. Fat bodies. 
Good moisture and mild winter...now if we can just get this smoke outta the air!

i sure wish we had the rain in Oregon. we did have a freeze last week with rain in the forecast for this weekend though

its been a super wet summer here in SE NM and its staying that way. it started raining in my unit last weekend and is forcasted with 60% or more fore the next 2 weeks so its going to be a very wet start to my season.... Just hope the cool weather along with the rain pushed the cows into the rut and the bulls start their bugeling.

New Mexico Units 34, 36, and 37 have been getting pounded with rain.  The old burn scares are looking pretty lush with new growth. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back