Rain Gear

ghost

Dec 28, 2012
Ok guys, I am in need of replacing my rain gear that I sold as it was too noicy. What are you using out there?

Good question,  I have some rain gear and was scolded by my Partner when I put it on.  It was to noisy as well.  Typically I head for cover when it really comes down.  So I'm going back to the good old poncho I know it works and it's light weight.  However we have not needed it in Idaho for the past 5 years

I opted for Core4Element Torrent rain gear. I first bought Cabelas MTO50, but it did not pack a small and light. It was also more noisy than the C4E Torrent. The C4E Torrent gear is very quiet and packs super small. It worked great during late season archery in western WA last year.

I agree 100% with Lucas in Wa!  The Core4element Torrent Jacket and Pant are extremely lightweight and packable.  They are also very quiet and will allow you to move quietly through the woods.  They are 100% waterproof and breathable.

I will have to go try and find a store that carries it and go check it out. Compared to plastic they are all "quiet", but I won't buy another rain jacket and pants until I see it first hand.

Ghost, unfortunately, there aren't really any store front businesses that carry C4E. I got mine through camofire.com. On the up side, both C4E and Camofire are in the Draper UT area. It looks like you are in UT as well. As far as I know they don't have a public storefront there, but if you got in touch with them they might be able to work out a showing for you. If not, you could buy them on their site and return them if you don't like them and just be out the shipping.

Agreed! Lucas and Switchback hit the nail right on the head, the Core4Element Torrent gear is the best stuff I have ever owned.

Core4Element.com has a deal going right now where if you go and "Like" them on facebook you will get a code for a big discouont direct on their website.

I also use the Core4Element rain gear, it is lightweight, packable, stretchable, washable, and keeps you dry!  For a good price too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back