Rattling for elk?

I have carried a rattle bag that I made up, and used it a few times. My experience with it was not good. I forget the guy\'s name, but he rattled for elk on video and claimed it was great. I think rattling would be good, but to sound authentic you need to carry too much weight to suit me.

Get 2 buddies and give them each a 6 foot stick and let them have a sword fight. About the only chance at sounding realistic.

This looks really interesting.

<!-- m --><a class=\"postlink\" href=\"http://www.rmef.org/TheHunt/During/Rattleelk.aspx\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;\">http://www.rmef.org/TheHunt/During/Rattleelk.aspx</a><!-- m -->

like said it could work I think your basically playing on an elk\'s curiosity probably have the same results raking or throwing sticks at a tree trying to get an arrow back down throwing out an elk sound once in a while.

I\'ve never had rattling work when hunting whitetail so i would really be hesitant to try it out in the elk woods. Our season here is to short to try and mess up a good area.

John,

I always carry a 2-3 point antler ! When you see another elk you can hold it up and walk right to him almost. It calms them right down !! I didn\'t believe till I tried it and its just another trick in your bag. I rake with it and smash it against trees and it sounds about as realistic as it gets.

Just make sure your alone out there and its only bow season. I don\'t use it during rifle season or you could get bagged !!

Trav

\"Wapiti\" said:
John,

I always carry a 2-3 point antler ! When you see another elk you can hold it up and walk right to him almost. It calms them right down !! I didn\'t believe till I tried it and its just another trick in your bag. I rake with it and smash it against trees and it sounds about as realistic as it gets.

Trav

This makes me think about the inflatable antler Lou always talked about. :upthumb:

\"iccyman001\" said:
\"Wapiti\" said:
John,

Trav

This makes me think about the inflatable antler Lou always talked about. :upthumb:

I thought that was a doll.. :p :p :p :crazy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back