Re: "If you shoot an elk in the rain, do you still wait before tracking?"

elk66

Mar 26, 2018
COLOelkman said:
It happened to me last year as it was raining and after hunting 2 weeks solo, it was my first shot opportunity.  It was a 15 yd frontal shot and I was certain of the shot.  I immediately decided I would track it very slowly as i was afraid the rain would cover up any sign if I waited an hour.  I could easily see his dry tracks in the wet soil but didn't see blood.  I thought I heard him crash and so I proceeded very slowly and found him 60 yards from the shot.  Not fun cleaning an elk in the rain all nite but it was worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COLOelkman said:
It happened to me last year as it was raining and after hunting 2 weeks solo, it was my first shot opportunity.  It was a 15 yd frontal shot and I was certain of the shot.  I immediately decided I would track it very slowly as i was afraid the rain would cover up any sign if I waited an hour.  I could easily see his dry tracks in the wet soil but didn't see blood.  I thought I heard him crash and so I proceeded very slowly and found him 60 yards from the shot.  Not fun cleaning an elk in the rain all nite but it was worth it!
Sorry about that new user

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back