Real Deal Outdoors

jackdaddy

Dec 25, 2013
I have been a hunter my entire life and used to love driving 30 minutes to closest store that had real tree vhs and watch them over and over and over those. Then they hunted with so much emotion all hunters on TV did, now they just act like its no big deal they shoot a 190" deer or miss a 350+ bull they will just go to the next stand they paid a month salary for where they know the animal will walk by at what time and what day. It seems like they have no real outdoor skill just deep pockets and the guy putting in the hours to place and pick the stands is never seen. Well I don't have a ton of money to start a TV show or pay to have a pro staff but I'm starting a free lance pro staff and would love to turn it into something, all my friends are DIY hunters of big to small game that hunt with skills they learned the hard way and lessons handed down from one man in the family to the next. I have a few of them on board and k ow here at ELK101 there are a lot of do it your self hunters that go out with their own skills and gear and get it done these are the guys I'm looking for to help bring The Real Deal Outdoors to life I have watched a ton of videos on site and these are just what I'm looking for the real pros. I would love feedback on this idea or pm me if anybody is interested and wants to hopefully be apart of something.

I replied to jack daddy on this as well and fully agree.  the majority of hunting shows on t.v. are pathetic.  Rich out of shape guys who hunt private land with a guide.  What's the point of watching some poor tame deer get slayed under a feeder on camera? And then they act like it's some accomplishment and pack 18 minutes of commercials into a 30 minute slot. 
That's why I support this site and the good folks through elk 101.  real dudes out working hard and getting the job done.  Born and raised outdoor crew as well.  Good solid work.

I wholeheartedly agree, however I can think of at least two shows on TV that still, in my opinion, hold true to what it means to be a hunter/outdoorsman/conservationalist.  Solo Hunter and Meat Eater.

wyoelk300+ said:
I wholeheartedly agree, however I can think of at least two shows on TV that still, in my opinion, hold true to what it means to be a hunter/outdoorsman/conservationalist.  Solo Hunter and Meat Eater.

i hear that meat eater is the only one i watch never herd of solo hunter ill check it out but steve renella from meat eater hunts just like i do love his show

Here are a few other shows I like and support because they are real guys getting it done as well:

Fresh Tacks with Randy Newburg
Outback Outdoors
The Western Hunter

Be on the lookout for a few more good ones showing up this year on outdoor networks as well...I just can't let the cat out of the bag yet...

Many thanks,
Corey

If your looking for the best of the best than this year check the full draw film festival that travels around to theaters . last year was full of the best videos I have  ever seen  and it supports a very good cause.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back