Real Raking Sequence with results.

Glacier Country

Nov 13, 2013
In this Audio clip you can hear the real bull raking his antlers,then you can hear me do some raking then I bugle a couple times.My raking would have been better if I had been able to use a bigger stick. I shot this bull not long after this sequence. Then 1 week later I did what this bull did to me...
( raking , bugling etc) to call in a 5x5 for my wife,her bull got amped up a lot quicker than this one,but the results were both the same. They both ended up in my freezer.Also notice that these bugles might not be considered \"Classic bugles\" but they were just the right Tone,Intensity and Pitch to bring THIS Particular bull in for a bow shot. With my wife\'s bull my bugles got more aggressive, because her bull\'s Tone dictated that.[attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->Bark bugle 2 bull part2.m4a<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment]My wife\'s bull was taken with a rifle.Notice the intensity of his bugle. If this clip was another 45 seconds longer you could hear her shoot.Where this clip ends... We moved up a few yards to where she had a better shooting lane. I stopped him with a couple of cow calls and she shot him at 50 yards. A nervous bark might have been an even better choice to stop him?? I also used a bigger stronger stick for raking with this bull,which I definitely think sounded better. :upthumb: [attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->Bark bugle 2 bull part2.m4a<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• Bark bugle 2 bull part2.m4a
    751.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Calling Deb\'s Bull Elk Trimmed Audio Clip 2013.m4a
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 106
Very interesting ... raking is something I usually think of AFTER an encounter ... as in \"I should have raked\" ... I\'ll try to change that next year.

Also notice the difference in the Tone, Intensity, and Pitch of the bugles I use on these two different bulls. There is more to these sequences than first meet the eye, or in this case your ear. Notice how I mimic each bull but amp it up each time I bugle a response. I also ask both bulls to Show themselves, and both of these bulls eventually do. Each of these bulls come in to about 30 yards at some point.

Troy glaciercountryhuntingcalls.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back