Recap of my 2016 Elk Season

buglelk

Administrator
Nov 30, 2012
Hi guys!

September is gone for another 11 months. Most years, I get a little bit of the October blues, but this year, I'm kind of glad it's gone! Don't get me wrong, I love September. But I'm ready for a break! My legs and back are ready for a break! Between September 2 and October 5, I put over 170 miles on my boots and packed 7 bulls out of the woods. I feel like an old rutted-out bull elk that is just lying on a hillside recovering from the rut! But you can bet that by August of next year, I'll be ready to go again!

There were so many highlights from this elk season, it's hard to capture them all here in this post. Fortunately, we did manage to capture all 7 elk hunts on video, and the footage is insane. Stay tuned for more details on the upcoming film(s). This season, I was able to watch my 13-year-old son, Isaac, shoot his first bull elk with a bow, as well as help out on some amazing youth hunts through the Hunt of a Lifetime organization. It was truly a special season. Click below for the summary of my elk season:

http://www.elk101.com/2016/10/2016-elk-season-recap-hunt-1/

Many thanks,
Corey

P.S. If you don't want to read the full post from my elk season, at least scroll through the photos. We captured some amazing images this season....
Click here

Attachments

• Hunt2_New Mexico1_Corey3_Stars.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 11
Back