Recommendation on a few sights

nateysmith

Aug 8, 2013
I have been thinking of upgrading the sight that came packaged withmy bow.  The sights I have been considering are:

1. IQ Bowsight 5 pin (http://www.iqbowsights.com/pages/products/5-pin-bowsight.php)
2. Black Gold Ascent 3 or 5 pin (http://www.blackgoldsights.com/Bow_Sight_Ascent.aspx)

These aren't the end all for me, but some that have intrigued me.  I am trying to keep the cost to less than $180.  I like the aspect of the IQ bowsight to help with torque.  On the other hand I like the ability to change my sights range on the fly with the Black Gold sight. What do you guys think?  Are there ones I am missing that I should be considering?

Thanks in advance!

I would go with the MBG they are great sights and you might spend a little more but great warranty and tough to beat the ascent.  Check out their site and go to the custom shop.

I'm a fan of the G5 sights. They make several different models to meet a variety hunting situations.

I just put a Black Gold Widow Maker on my new Hoyt.  It is a pretty awesome sight.  Excellant in low light and it has the system on it that dulls it down when you are in bright sunlight.  You can also add a light to it if you want.  Cost is about $150.

i was looking at the IQ site my self and picked it up in the store held it out in my hand like it was on my bow and caught myself moving it and my head around to line up the IQ thing and immediately put it down thinking lining that up while trying to get a shot on a bull is going to cost me a great shot and meat in my freezer cool idea but ill pass

I realy like my copper john sight. I may have a black and gold ascent 3-pin for sale soon I will sell reasonably.

G5 sights are nice i have the 3 fixed pins and 1 hybrid pin. right in your price area. Or a black and gold mono pin. My hunting partners have and they are extremely accurate!

Good luck

I've hunted with the Black Gold Ascent (4 pin from the custom shop) and it's bombproof. The flexibility of shooting longer distances is great for practicing or hunting if you're proficient and confident. The pins are wicked bright and the construction is solid. I was in the Mountain Mile race at Snowbird last year, slipped and fell on my bow while running downhill. The site didn't skip a beat and kept on shooting solid. I take good care of my weapon but it's great to know that the Black Gold will put up with any abuse the mountains dish out. (not to mention the people at Black Gold are good people who stand behind their products)

I would put in another plug for Black Gold. I have the rush, and it is bulletproof. Simple to adjust, and the skycoil is fantastic. Good Luck

Thanks everyone on their recommendations. I am going to go with Black Gold. I will let you all know what I think of it.

I used to shoot the black gold 7 pin fixed which i loved but this year i went to the 5 pin adjustable ascent and its amazing.

BullHunter said:
I used to shoot the black gold 7 pin fixed which i loved but this year i went to the 5 pin adjustable ascent and its amazing.

That is the exact one I am looking at. Did you custom order it or just off the shelves?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back