recurve bow

Garrett Weaver

Dec 28, 2012
I'm trying to find a good recurve for hunting. 28" draw and in oregon for elk the poundage has to be 45lbs or more. We have a hunt that has unlimited tags for traditional equipment so no compounds in a great area for big mule deer. So i'm thinking about trying it out. I see a PSE coyote that looks like it would be good but, probably need a direction to start looking, Ideas?

I don't have much experience with my recurve yet but I purchased a Samick Sage from Lancaster Archery. The bow got good reviews every where I looked and I really like mine. Its not a high dollar bow but for $140 you can't hardly go wrong with one like it or similar. Dont know about the PSE Coyote.

Google search for tradgang. I have bought and swapped a few bows off their classified section, all folks have been great to deal with.  You can get a really good bow with a few handling marks, maybe spend a little more, but have something that is alot smoother to shoot. No need to break the bank, but recurves and longbows are one area that you get what you pay for. Have heard the Samicks are good, never tried one.
On another note, if you haven't ever shot trad, know that its probably going to take alot of practice before you are comfortable shooting anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back