Release

Jimbow65

Dec 28, 2012
I have been using a tru -fire caliper release for years, but I have heard good things about the hook type releases like the Tru-fire Hardcore. anyone have any experience with these type releases?

I use a Scott with the hook and right now love it I'm always concerned that a double jaw will fail.

I have the Whalen's Hooker (x3) and while it is a hook, it is probably a bit uncoventional.  No moving parts and either a two or three finger release.  Also, forces me to use back tension.  My back up to this the the Carter Rx2.

Attachments

• Hookers
    31.7 KB · Views: 65
Scott Sabertooth - nice and short but can be adjusted for the colder temps and puffy gloves are needed.

Spot hogg wise guy,Carter quickie are the 2 hook styles i have been using(wise guy for 3 seasons now).

Scott Archery Little Bitty Goose.  It came highly recommended by one of the guys at Idaho Archery Company.

I have found that in general Scott has a much more sensitive trigger pull, which helped my shooting a lot!

Ive been shooting a Carter same ole thing for a couple of years and am having trouble picking a new one.

Has anyone had any luck with the stan potts line of Releases?

I used the Scott Little Goose for years. Then found that by going to a Scott Silverhorn I could increase my draw length by 1" without changing my anchor point. Don't ask me how it works but it does. I switched my bow and release as a result. Obviously it increased my arrow speed, which allowed me to go to a higher weigh arrow and more KE.

Ghost, one review I read on the Scott Silverhorn said it was kind of short, even fully extended, It sounds like your experience may align with that.  I was considering the Silverhorn, how does it compare with other releases you have  used?

Jimbow65 said:
Ghost, one review I read on the Scott Silverhorn said it was kind of short, even fully extended, It sounds like your experience may align with that.  I was considering the Silverhorn, how does it compare with other releases you have  used?

Out of the box, yes it was a little short. But like most, if not all Scott releases you can adjust the length. I adjusted the length by one hole. My anchor point now is the same as it was with my Scott Little Goose, Scott Mongoose and the older Cobra Pro Caliper. I anchor with my index knuckle at my jaw bone under my ear.

This is the best release I have shot in 18 years. It is my first "hook" type release and I'll have to admit I was not really sure about the style at first. Now, I wouldn't have anything else, LOVE IT. I can hook it to my string loop quicker and without looking. Plus it gave me an extra inch of draw length which allowed me to increase arrow speed, arrow weight and KE it with my Mathews Z7 Magnum. I really can't tell you how this is possible without changing your shooting form or anchor point, but my anchor point and form has remained the same since 1997. I guess maybe the string comes back further and the peep is closer to my eye. But honestly, I haven't notice any difference and my shooting is still rock solid.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back