Research question

ILbowhntr

Feb 6, 2013
I?ve been picking up points in Wyoming and Arizona and looking at cashing in the Wyoming points this year.
I?ve picked out 3 units that I feel I have a chance to draw. This is all based off the stats on Wyoming?s site.
My question is, how much research do you do prior to drawing the tag? I?ve always hunted OTC in the past, so I knew I was going and jumped into the research and recon.
I want to make a solid choice, but not waste my time. Any thoughts?

For me, it depends on how good of chance I have to draw.

Remember, the data is from last year. You can only hope people with your same Point Place are doing the same as last year.

Ive already virtual researched and located camp spots, wallows, distances to/from, etc.... and I havent even applied yet.

What else you got to do this time of year? :)

I would say a lot. If draw odds are similar on all 3, might as well pick the one that has terrain you feel comfortable/confident hunting.

What else you got to do this time of year?

Finish out deer season, build arrows, prepare for retirement.
I?m spending so much time on GE that the wife thinks I?m crazy.  Got maps all marked up, ready to draw.
Planning on getting a bear tag for whatever unit I can draw a elk tag in. Head out in May and bear hunt/ scout.
If Wyoming doesn?t want my money, I?ll cross the state line and hunt one of my old spots in Idaho.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back