Sad Day

Fullabull

Jan 2, 2013
Sad day in the Fullabull house :( we had to put down our 13 1/2 year on Chocolate lab today. She had Lymphoma, the kids came home from college so they could say goodbye. We all held her and cried while she passed...it was sad. The house will really be empty now with the kids gone and no dog to follow me around.

Nothing tougher than putting down &or losing the family pet. Sorry to hear that news, they are one of the family and have a deep spot in our hearts. 

I am soooo sorry to hear about such a great loss. I dread the day it will be my best friends turn. So sorry.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together
.... Author unknown...

Sorry to hear about loosing your Lab.  Truly unconditional love and the best kid friendly animal you could ever have as part of your family.  Went through it a few years back and swore we would never get another.  Never say never, got a black female and you know what life is good.  Again sorry about your loss.

thanks everyone, appreciate the heart felt sentiments!
Ghost, thanks for the Rainbow bridge, showed that to the family...they loved it!!!

Yep its tough  putting down an old friend.  We also put down our chocolate lab this past fall.  It is very tough to do.

Always a tough thing to do. Our Two labs are part of the family. We wish ya all the comfort ya can get through this hard time.

SO SORRY ALWAYS A TOUGH DEAL.  OUR LAB IS 12 THAT IS MY FIRST BIRD DOG AND I AM DREADING IT.  MY WIFE IS ALREADY MAD AT ME BECAUSE SOMEHOW SHE KNOWS I'LL CRY MORE WHEN SOPHIE GOES THEN WHEN SHE DOES, GO FIGURE.

sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  I have been through this situation a couple times and it doesnt get any better.  Time heals all though. some just take a little longer than others.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back