Same arrow

Apr 20, 2020
Do those that hunt both whitetail and elk use the same set up for both?  I normally just hunt whitetail but am going on my first elk hunt this year. I am upgrading my arrows from the carbon maxima red to Easton 5mm fmj. Using 125 grain striker v2 from g5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spcfoor said:
Do those that hunt both whitetail and elk use the same set up for both?  I normally just hunt whitetail but am going on my first elk hunt this year. I am upgrading my arrows from the carbon maxima red to Easton 5mm fmj. Using 125 grain striker v2 from g5

I use the same set up for both. I hunt whitetails in IA and elk in CO. For reference, I shoot Carbon express maxima with 100 gr slick trick standards. 70# at 27.5? draw. Had great results on both elk and deer, I?ve been through shoulder blades on elk and deer with that set up as well, with no real issues.

Just curious, why the switch to FMJ?

I was going to just use what I had but had two of them break one hit the fence lol and the other one has a crack. I only had six to begin with so. I just figured I would try something a little different and a little heavier

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back