Scents or no scents

eric bailey said:
What about campfires?  I am planning my first backcountry hunt for this fall.  I am not planning on having a fire.  I hate the way I smell after hanging around a campfire.  I assume elk would feel the same way about it.  But, I don't want to freeze my a$$ off for no reason either.
Eric in my opinoin dont be afraid of smelling like camp fire.in fact it is my favorite cover sent.I go out of my way to smell like smoke.Its a smell all elk have smelled many times and are used to its one of those few smells that will not alarm elk.Where I hunt the elk smell smoke at least 60 to 90 days a year.when I shot my bull last season from 10 yard the forest fire smoke was so thick visabillity was only about 200 yards.

Will use fresh urine I find to help mask my scent and during swirling wind it might help,  but you have to play the wind.

Well Arizona game and Fish starting this year is gonna make that question easy, you cant use it, this is new for this year just came out in regs,

R12-4-303
Unlawful Devices, Methods, and Ammunition

c. Any lure, attractant, or cover scent containing
any cervid urine;

crazy,

azguide said:
Well Arizona game and Fish starting this year is gonna make that question easy, you cant use it, this is new for this year just came out in regs,

R12-4-303
Unlawful Devices, Methods, and Ammunition

c. Any lure, attractant, or cover scent containing
any cervid urine;

crazy,

That is crazy.  Seems pretty heavy-handed.  Like a solution in search of a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back