Scouting the week before the opener

Montana_BackCountry

Jan 9, 2013
Just wanted to put it out there that I'm very lucky to be able to get out into my honey hole the week before the season.  Being a single father of two this is a rare thing for sure.  The stars aligned and opportunity arose so I'm snagging it.  Hoping to hear some bulls bugling and walk gently enough not to spook out the herd! 
Also wanting to find the wallows in the back country (I have them marked on GPS from the past few years) but hoping to find on in current use and construct a quick blind from fallen debris.  Should be good fun!

I love scouting the day before opening day clear till dark. If I locate a good bull I try to get after him before daylight and I've noticed in early season they stay put more than later when they are chasing for cows.

I scouted the week before my hunt and will also go up to scout a day and a half before opening day.  Glad I scouted as it was 24 degrees in the morning and they had snow a couple days before we scouted.  So I'll be bringing some warmer items just in case that kind of weather keeps up!  Snow is nice but 24 degrees with wind was not real fun.....especially if you are bow hunting!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back