Scouting

mkuper

Jun 5, 2018
When do you usually start scouting? is it worthwhile to go up in late June after calving or do most of you wait until early fall

I'd be out there end of June!
Even if the elk will change their patterns closer to season, you can still learn the terrain, find new or old sign, water, glassing points, etc. It'll help you better develop your game plan for the year and then you can fine tine it on your next scouting trip or when you go out to hunt.

In NM they usually draw end of April.... I start my scouting in my and then go all the way up until my hunt.

I went up to WY a week ago to scout some but the snow kept us out of where we wanted to get to.

The elk were already migrating thru

This past weekend i scouted a couple of my usual Colorado haunts and hung a trail cam.
It?s still early. But it was nice to get out

Thanks, I was thinking end of June to check out the areas I'm interested in hunting.

Mike

mkuper said:
Thanks, I was thinking end of June to check out the areas I'm interested in hunting.

Mike

Let us know how it goes!
Also welcome to the site, Mike!  :welcome:

My first set of cameras goes out beginning of June then end of June do some boots on the grounds scouting and then if I can squeeze in one at end of July I will

I do a lot of scouting during my hunt and determine a game plan then as I always find new pockets to explore. Then I get some cameras out in May or June, boots on the ground by the end of the month. 

In July, I will most likely take the family camping where I am going to hunt for the final scouting trip.

Good Luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back