Seeking Montana Archery Tag help.

cydious

May 16, 2021
This year I decided to try for an Elk tag in Montana. I was successfully drawn and received my tag and license in the mail the not long ago. When reading it over I was concerned that I don't see any reference to Archery. I am confident I selected Archery and paid the fee for it, is this something I should anticipate receiving in the mail at a later date or is there some other way to verify I am legal for Archery?

I did login to the Montana website and didn't see a list of purchases. Not sure if it there isn't one or I simply couldn't locate it. Also I did email FWP with this same question but didn't hear anything back.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Assuming you drew a general elk tag and are talking about the $10 bow hunting permit.  I can't remember if that is on the tag or not.  You should be able to go into your account and look at items purchased for this year.  If you didn't purchase it that isn't a big deal.  You can buy the bow hunting permit at anytime. 

Thanks for the reply! Ya I was referring to the $10 archery 'tag' I dug around in my email for a receipt to make sure I had paid the bow fee. Turns out the sent me a digital form to print out and sign that shows I paid the $10. Thanks again for the help!

So...not sure if you got your answer yet...however...In order to even submit for the archery tag...you had to submit your archery/bow certificate # when you applied for the general license/sportsman license and then the permit.  The general license allows you to hunt...the permit allows you to hunt in a specific area.  You should have gotten yours in the mail however if you did not...go to FWP on your computer and log in and then you can print your Montana license/permit.  Archery season begins on Sep 4th and ends on Oct 17th.  Depending on the area that you drew...it tell you whether you can take a shot (bow) at a brow tine/spike or cow.  Good luck Brother!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back