Settling your pin.

Elkoholic

Jan 8, 2013
When settling your pin into the kill zone do you like to drop your pin in, raise the pin in or  just try to hold right on?

I draw pin on and execute the shot. I was taught to do that in target archery by Dee Wilde. But I also shoot a back tension release for all of my shooting so it all comes into play.

Typically I drop the pin into place it I have time to do so otherwise I place and punch. I try not to take to long in practice cause the real deal is always different. I want to be able to make a quick accurate shot if need be :)

I have no recollection of when an elk is standing there what I do.

I think I come up when I'm shooting at an elk. At least that is what I hope I do since I target practice like that. I actually don't like that I do that. This year I'm going to train myself to "drop" in.

Shooting at the Block I usually will raise then release. But I often find when I'm in a rush or not thinking about it, I will place pin right on and release. I obviously need to decide what is more comfortable and accurate for me and practice that till it becomes habit.

Last few animals were not standing in view when I drew - they were coming past trees, etc. So I drew, got good form, then waited til they moved into frame and adjusted. In practice I am usually coming up into frame, as I find in the woods I am usually bringing my bow hand up as I draw as I typically stand with my bow at my hip not up over my head. LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back