Shaking Leg?

Most of the time I am on my knees though. So not to far a fall if my leg gives way. Lol

Pure adrenaline effects us all in different ways,  I usually wonder why they can't hear my pulse pounding like a boom box and who knows what else is shaking?  We are all addicted and should get counseling :)

I will get the "elvis-legs" a going once in a while when they are coming in, but once they are within range I calm down and am pretty calm (even when a screaming bull is within 20 yards).  I try to calm myself down so that I can pick the precise spot i want to put the shot. 

Rock solid until after the shot then the shakes and everstuff. Speaking of which I can't wait till the everstuff happens again. Bears and Turkeys are only 73 days and a wake-up away.

Haha this is a classic for hunters. When I'm sitting there waiting and I know something is coming in it feels like I'm going to pass out. I almost like it better when they just show up out of nowhere because then I can't think about it haha. I get really nervous right before I draw. I'm not sure which shaking I hate more. The shaking because something is coming in and I can't control my adrenaline, or the shaking from having a staredown and not being able to move and some part of my body is in a not very comfortable position and it starts shaking from being numb. Haha

My biggest problem is slowing my breathing down. i will never forget my first case of buck fever. I was 12, Northern Idaho and a 140 whitetail came around the corner 20 yards from me. My legs were shaking then  ;D

Ha... and I notice in significant cold weather I shake even more.  It's like the shivers get a solid shot of steroids.  Late season archery for white tails can be a very similar experience. 
I still remember Shooting my first bull at age 15... I seriously almost passed out.  The funniest part was trying to play it cool in front of my dad and just about blacking out!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back